Thursday, December 4, 2014

technically not late

Today's song is a classic. Truthfully, I only came around to it a few
years ago. I didn't get it at all when I was younger but now I just
find it to be downright charming. I guess it's somewhat sombre, but
that's OK. Maybe it's because Bowie used to be all about the Labyrinth
and then about late 90s Bowie to me? And then all about 80s Bowie? I don't
know, I really don't have an excuse. I am noticing though there have been many different Bowies over the years. I've always appreciated artists who can reinvent themselves that way, continue to push themselves creatively.
In any case, it's a lovely duet.

It's The Little Drummber Boy / Peace on Earth by Bing Crosby & David
Bowie.



Christmas Musical Advent Calendar
01. Elastica - Gloria 
02. U2 - Christmas, Baby Please Come Home
03. Eurythmics - Winter Wonderland
04. Bing Crosby & David Bowie - The Little Drummer Boy / Peace On Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment